Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Ploppy's Pantry presents....



Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake



the only thing I had sitting in the fridge earlier today was half a carton of soy custard, so i decided I better make a chocolate sponge to go with it. A quick internet search got me a vegan spong recipe and I adapted it to fit with what I had lying around, enjoy!

cake:
175g self raising flour
3 level tsp of bicarbonate of soda
125g of marg (melted)
25g cooking chocolate
100g muscavado sugar
325ml soy milk

prep:
mix everything together and tip into two 7" cake tins evenly, oven at 190 degrees centigrade for 30 mins

icing:
150g icing sugar
150g marg
50g coco powder
a splash of strong espresso

prep:
whip up the marg with a fork, sift the other stuff on top, blast it with a hand blender till its nice and fluffy


stick the two bits of cake together with icing and put more icing on the outside.


Warning: after 1 slice you will be a bit like this...